Creativity and Innovation Project -- Day 4

Our group REALLY could have used one more day in class to work on this project. We got a ton of work done today, with all of us contributing to the powerpoint through Google Docs. We got a lot done, but it would have really been nice to have another day to finish it completely. I am a little scared with this project, though. I came in to the group with them already having worked on it two days. I have been trying as hard as I can in order to catch up and also really contribute to the group, but it is hard going. I tried to get them to explain some of their ideas to me, but they would just gloss over their ideas, so I couldn't completely grasp what they wanted to do. I tried to ask a couple more times, but they just seemed irritated. They seem reluctant to assign me to do anything, and I don't really blame them, but I really want to contribute to the group, and help them out. I think I helped a lot in our last day of class in making the powerpoint, but when everyone was being assigned work to do on their own, I wasn't given anything to do. I kept asking about it, but they asked me to do something that I didn't understand (and when I tried to ask about it, they said there wasn't enough time to explain), and then they just said they would send out an email. I offered to do something that I knew I could do (make the BINGO cards) but they refused. I still haven't gotten an email, but I really want to help our group, so I tried to come up with something helpful on my own. I emailed them about an idea of creating special cards for a Go Fish type game. For example, a card might have the equation 4 x ? = 16, so the value of that card would be 4. The person who had it could ask if anyone had any 4s, and they would have to look through their own cards for an equation with the missing number 4 (but they would all be different equations, not just another 4 x ? = 16, so you have to solve different equations to get the card value). I know that I loved to play Go Fish when I was little, and I think this could be both really fun and good learning experience for kids. I haven't yet received an answer, and I just hope that this all turns out okay!

I'm sorry this is late, but I was hoping that I could get a little more information on what was going on before I posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment