20% Project Reflection 2

While I was researching this week, I came across a lot of articles with negative views about technology immersion. The thing is, though, that most of these were talking about our generation and future generations being too involved with technology in general, and not the kind of technology immersion that I am really talking about. But I didn’t just ignore these articles, because I wanted to ponder what some arguments against my project might be. I wanted to see if there were real problems with what I was suggesting and researching, and how they could be overcome. However, I ended up concluding that these two things weren’t really in the same ballpark. Using technology immersion in teaching and for learning is not the same thing as immersing yourself in technology to the exclusion of everything else. What I want to focus on is immersing a student in a learning experience, and it just so happens that technology is the best possible medium we could use to get this experience. 

There are two types of technological immersion, transparent immersion and hypermediacy immersion. Transparent immersion is just like, if you are reading on an e-book, and you forget that you are using technology. But hypermediacy immersion is what I want to focus on—you don’t get drawn into the content because you forget about the medium, you get drawn into the content BECAUSE of the medium and all of the different things you are able to do with it. On this project, I want to be able to focus on hypermediacy immersion, and interaction with the content/subject matter through that immersion.

No comments:

Post a Comment