Social Media Image

I want my social media image to represent a professional, respectable person. If someone were to look at my internet presence, I don't want them to find anything that might cause them to have second thoughts about my character. I have a Facebook profile, but I really don't use it very often. However, one of my short term goals would definitely be to go back through my pictures and posts to make sure that there is nothing embarrassing or inappropriate on there. I currently have my profile settings very private, so that you can't see any of my information unless we are friends, but I know there are ways of getting around things like that! And anyway, if my boss wanted to friend me, it would look bad to refuse and look like I have something to hide. I also thought it was a good idea to post about things and join groups that are relevant to my professional interests. That way people can know what I am all about, and get a sense of what is important to me. I want to set this as my long term goal, so that people can see that my thoughts and interests remain focused over a period of time, instead of just a quick burst with no followthrough.

No comments:

Post a Comment